Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"It has some boobs in it (tasteful)"

So, sadly I don't know much yet about the Animal Collective-esque musical stylings of Spanish musician El Guincho. He was first introduced to me by my good friend Sean Hudson (whose awesome illustrations I blogged about back in June) a few weeks ago, and just today, another good friend Casey (whose quote is the title of this post), sent me this music video that happened to be for the same artist. The video has moments of what seems like unnecessary nudity (almost every shot of a female in the video is a topless one) but in that harmless, sort of ironic-hipster-y way. Or like the non-sexed, natural, nonchalant nudity of the 1970s. There's also a fair share of weird futuristic 80's images including one with a glowing globe in a forest. Did that make any sense at all? I doubt it. Sorry. Well the point is, I still haven't decided if I love it or hate it, but it is most definitely very impressive. Between all the slightly strange disturbing imagery I realize that the cuts and editing are pretty spot on (in my opinion), and fit the beat and overall tone of the song perfectly. The song is awesome and I think the video definitely served as its compliment. Now only if I knew what he was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment