Thursday, September 23, 2010

Any-who?


A few months ago, I started following a great Scandinavian fashion blog called Anywho. Created and run by three (adorable) twenty-somethings, Ingrid, Elise, and Stephanie, it has the perfect combination of streetstyle photographs (often of the great outfits that the girls themselves wear), photos and info about new designers, as well as great shots behind and on the scenes of fashion shows. AND the posts are written in Swedish AND English! I have always had a soft spot for Swedish fashion because of its (in my opinion) more daring, quirky, and overall modern point of view. The collections always seem less trend-driven, and although I wouldn't call them "timeless" (because of the connotation that word usually has) I do feel that the clothes always look like they were simply the product of their creator, as if they can't be placed in a certain time or place.



So I check the blog pretty much daily now, (another thing I love about it, there are new posts almost every day) and I was surprised and pleased to see a video (a Vimeo video!) of backstage footage from Copenhagen Fashion week. First and foremost, the video is shot b-e-a-u-tifully. And the music and editing make it such a pleasure to watch, while providing you with wonderful backstage and runway footage of the collections and brief interviews with the lovely down-to-earth and inspiring designers. My favorite designers featured in the video would have to be Minimarket (check out the AMAZING shoes), Stine Goya (adorning the heads of models with floral wreaths? slightly distracting, yet it somehow works), and Henrik Vibskov. Fashion and film lovers alike, you will enjoy this I promise.




And here's an interview with the Anywho girls (the sound is kind of bad)!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment