Monday, September 27, 2010

Jeepers Kreepers!


Last week I was spending some quality girly-time with my dear friend Krickie of Razzmatazz Vintage (see a few posts back) in her wonderfully quirky, yet (for some) slightly over-the-top apartment in the East Village of NYC. Sipping a beer and chatting about possible plans for the night, I turned to my right to notice the strangest and awesomely hand-crafted creature I had ever laid eyes on. His name was Hurtty Turdy (pictured at left) and for me, it was love at first frightening sight. That is, until Krickie introduced me to the Kreepy Doll Factory, the creature-creating company from which she bought little Hurtty. She had met doll maker Daniel Baxter at the Brooklyn Flea in Williamsburg, Brooklyn where she and Hayley were working their Razzmatazz booth. It was clear how she couldn't resist snatching up not only this particular little guy, but simply any one of Daniel's one-of-a-kind "Kreepy Dolls". Their hilarious names and descriptions along with their endearingly haphazard yet detailed construction, paired with brilliant color choices and amazing fabrics, make for the coolest toys in town. Below are some of my (hilarious) favorites from the website, I know I'm already thinking about which one I want as my own little creepy companion!
(Left to right: Charlie the Gigolo, Lary Grant, Hanalaya, Morocco Maboo, and Turd on the Floor)








No comments:

Post a Comment