Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Your New BFF.

I will start this post with a sort of disclaimer: on Oh My Goodness, I will never write about or promote the work or doings of friends simply because, well, they're friends. You will only see and read things here that I find inspiring and amazing, and if those things happened to be the product of some inspiring and amazing people whom just happened to be friends of mine? Then so be it.

So here we go. Today I shall introduce you to your new best friends: Razzmatazz Vintage and it's founders the Pisaturo sisters, Krickie and Hayley. A little history: I met the girls back in 2006, when Krickie and I were freshman at FIT and lived directly across the hall from one another, and Hayley was studying at Parsons. After countless nights of getting ready to go out together and hours of "does this outfit go?", I came to admire Krickie and Hayley's open-minded, yet clearly educated fashion sense. They seemed to approach dressing in such a fun and effortless way which I had never seen before, and on more than one occasion, have convinced me to try something I may have otherwise dismissed (I'm not just talking clothes) as "not my style".

With Razzmatazz, Krickie and Hayley have demonstrated their eye for fun, quirky, but well-made and interesting pieces, and to the benefit to all us vintage/bargain lovers! Upon meeting the sisters, it is impossible to ignore not only their amazing personal style, but their contagious laid-back yet fun and hilarious personalities (for example, don't be surprised if you see Hayley walking around sporting a pair of these bad boys), and I promise that you will not regret paying them a visit (at the Artists and Fleas flea market in Williamsburg) and checking out their awesome vintage finds! The prices are suuuper reasonable, and seeing the stash of clothes firsthand at their apartment I can promise you that the condition of the pieces is perfect. You can email the girls and ask for a private showing if you're interested in buying anything you see on the site, but I would highly suggest checking out their booth at the flea market! I've posted some pics of my favorite pieces below, but you can check out the Razzmatazz Vintage blog for more. I can't promise however that the clothes shown haven't been snatched up already!


Into the Forest Dress $25Grandpa Sweater $35
Sweatshirt $25 SOLD!Two Piece Crop Top and Shorts $25
Splatter Print Denim Shirt $20

2 comments: