Thursday, June 10, 2010

Your Wish is My Command...


I wish I could say that I knew more about self-proclaimed "awesome, sexy" scraggly-bearded Frenchman Breakbot, but all I can tell you for sure is that his powerpop, breakbeat, electronic serenades will NOT disappoint. Back in February, a friend had posted a download of the song "Baby I'm Yours (feat. IRFANE)" on his facebook as a little celebration of Valentines Day, and I've been listening to it probably almost every day since. I later found the article from DAZEDdigital.com for which Breakbot did the honor of creating an awesome 30-minute long romantic mixtape (it's clear that the fella has great taste). His EP is available on iTunes under Ed Banger Records which represents other creators of dance-worthy tunes such as Uffie, JUSTICE, and Sebastian Tellier.

SO... FINALLY. Here it is, the music video for my (still) favorite song by Breakbot, "Baby I'm Yours". It was directed, and essentially, created by Irina Dakeva at Wizz productions. Made up of approximately 2000 watercolor images, I think the super-bightly-colored images dancing against the black background go absolutely perfectly with the song (even though it would be hard to ruin the video for this song, because the song itself is so damn good). The video premiered yesterday at (insert French accent here) super-cool Parisian boutique Colette and their website had some pretty sweet pictures of the original watercolors which were exhibited as part of the event.


Breakbot - Baby I'm Yours (feat. Irfane) - HD from Ed Banger Records on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment