Friday, June 25, 2010

Billy Boy.

I'm always on the lookout for new fashion blogs to inspire my design work as well as my own personal style. My latest favorite is BackyardBill, a blog which in some ways reminds me of TheSelby in the quality of the photos as well as the way the people are photographed in their own clothes in what seems like their own homes or what is their everyday environment. I like that each person gets their almost mini-editorial, and you can really get a sense of that person's style. I often think when looking at other "streetstyle" (or whatever you'd like to call it) blogs, that you can't really get a good look at what that person really dresses like, or perhaps where they draw inspiration from when shopping for clothes or getting ready in the morning... you're just seeing one picture of one outfit, which may be a great outfit, but I think it's more interesting to get a look into the life and style of an individual, which is what Backyard Bill seems to be doing quite perfectly. Unfortunately, since I first discovered the website, I haven't seen any new posts, so I'm not quite sure if the project is still in the works. I also would be interested in knowing if he knows some of these people personally, or if they are strangers who agree to be photographed or what... either way, I really like the site and it should provide some interesting/inspiring material for at least a little while. Anyways here are some of my favorite shots...

(and one of my favorites... model/beautiful person Ingrid Schram!)

No comments:

Post a Comment