Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Scissor Sisters.

I am currently in love these awesome hand-made brass and steel fabric scissors which not only seem super tough, and have that great weight to them, but are super affordable! Only $18 for the 6 inch pair, and $21 for the 9 inch) They also have an antique look which I am often drawn to (probably under the influence of my Mom) when shopping for sewing supplies or tools because it adds to the sort of nostalgic feeling actually doing a craft with your hands.

The scissors are from an online shop called Spartan which I know nothing about because they don't provide an "About" section on the website... but what I do know is that they have a great selection of understated yet interesting jewelry, tools, and housewares (like the vintage Bolivian wool rugs I am also loving). There is also a sister site Bows + Arrows which is an online clothing store, although I don't know which one came first... While Bows + Arrows carries some great brands (A.P.C. Rachel Comey, BillyKirk, Band of Outsiders) and definitely shares a common aesthetic with their other online store, I think I was definitely more impressed with the careful and smart choice of products on Spartan.




Spartan also sells a set of smaller brass and steel "Barber" scissors which are perfect for seam ripping, and other little delicate sewing tasks. So I'm thinking about getting one of each (one big and one little pair) so they can be scissor sisters! GET IT? LIKE THE BAND? ANYONE? Ok, nevermind. Anyway here's a really cool video for "Any Which Way" by Scissor Sisters (whom I was obsessed with in High School).

1 comment:

  1. my boss gave those bottom ones to me as a Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete