Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh My Goodness (My First Post)...

Dear reader(s),

I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog for so long... but I never thought the day would actually come! Well here it is, my first post, and I really don't know what else to say besides I hope whoever is reading this likes what they see and will eventually keep coming back for more. I basically just want to use this blog as a place where I can share interesting, inspiring, or just plain strange things that I (or others) find.


So, on that note, the following is in my opinion, a really great, fresh video from British Trio We Have Band, who's debut album, WHB just came out on the 5th of April. They are what I would consider a "good" band; catchy, dance-worthy, and (from what I can gather from videos of acoustic sessions on vimeo) actually pretty talented. Formed by a husband-wife duo (Thomas and Dede WP) and friend Darren Bancroft during a dinne
r-party-turned-jam-sesh, I find that my somewhat surprising liking for We Have Band comes from the fact that they don't seem to be trying too hard to make something ground-breaking. Each member alternates vocals and instruments keeping the sound fresh and entertaining, and they just sort of leave it at that. I think the appeal lies in the way they seem to be happy hard-working musicians who just want to make music that sounds good, not be Britain's next superstars. Plus, if they keep up their cool image, and awesome music videos, they'll have a huge following in no time (I'm sure they already do). Speaking as someone who doesn't usually count European electro-pop as my cup of tea, I think that We Have Band is definitely a group to look out for.



Watch their (awesome) videos for the songs "Divisive" and "You Came Out" here.

We Have Band - Divisive from We Have Band on Vimeo.

We Have Band - You Came Out from We Have Band on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment