Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Thing!



Hey guys! So aside from being my first post in a quite a while, this is also the first post of my new weekly segment, Editorial of the Week. If I could only tell you how many editorials from every magazine from RUSSH, Vogue, Numero, to Dazed & Confused and Elle I have bookmarked and saved in folders all over my desktop (could this be the reason for my last MacBook's untimely passing? I suppose we'll never know...) and for what? Well for inspiration I suppose, and just to... look at I guess. But then I thought it would be nice to share with you my favorites, because it's such a great feeling when you find something on a blog that you ALSO love and find inspiring, etc.


Sooo here's my first choice. This one actually, is not from my archives, but one I just found today on Cartoon Styles, one of my favorite places to find editorial pictures besides Fashion Gone Rogue (which continues to blow my mind... how do they get every single editorial, campaign, and photo shoot on there??). This one's a photo shoot featuring Maria Flavia shot by Billy Kidd. I'm not sure what publication it was for, or who she's wearing, but I am sure that I love it. It may be because I have a soft spot for black and white photographs, but also because I am also a sucker for natural beauty, and un-fussy, au natural-style shoots. The model is of course lovely and beautiful, and the expressions Kidd captures are pretty great. Although I assume that this wasn't a fashion editorial per se, I do also love the simple idea of layering the varied nylon undergarments as a sort of quiet style statement, understated enough so all the focus is still on Maria.


all images: http://cartoonstyles.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment